Grind and Seal Melbourne
Grind and Seal is one of the most popular options in concrete flooring. It involves applying a clear coating system over a concrete surface. It offers a look that’s similar to what you get with polished concrete. However, concrete grinding and sealing comes at a more affordable alternative to concrete polishing.
What’s involved in a Grind & Seal?
Our Melbourne Grind and Seal service requires the concrete first to be ground for exposure in order to buff out any scratches that may be visible on the floor. This can require a minimal, medium, or full grind depending on what kind of look you want for your floor. The experienced professionals at Core and Saw can even grind the concrete to expose the stones embedded within the concrete slab. Where necessary, grout is used to fill minor imperfections and cracks in the surface. Finally, a clear topical sealer is applied in order to protect the surface from future scratches, leaving a glossy finish.
Benefits of Concrete Grind and Seal
A grind and seal concrete application comes with several advantages over alternatives:
- Compared to the cost of true polished concrete, the initial installation costs of grind and seal are relatively cheaper.
- The slip resistance of the floor can be enhanced by adding grit or beading.
- Achieving a consistent level of gloss isn’t overly dependent on the quality of the concrete.
- You can have various options for exposure levels. It ranges from zero exposure that removes only the very uppermost crust of the concrete, to full exposure that offers maximum exposure of the stones.
- For indoor systems, you can choose from satin or full gloss options.
- Outdoor options are available too, including options for UV protection.
With a grind and seal system, your concrete floor is seamless, hypoallergenic and dust-free, and very easy to clean. You can achieve a contemporary look that can suit any home or commercial space, such as showrooms, retail outlets, and offices. With proper maintenance, this flooring solution can last well beyond 10 years.
Contact Core and Saw today for a quote or to answer answer any questions you may have about our concrete grind and seal services. Let us assess your site and see if our service would be suitable for your home or workplace needs. We offer our services for concrete grind and seal Melbourne wide.
Visit our Google+ Page for more information.